Thursday, March 18, 2010

Great Shopping Day today!

Today was a great shopping day for my daughter and me. We visited Kroger, Publix and Target, spending only $57.49 for $236.04 worth of products and groceries!!!

Didn't find the Princess and Frog in stock and Target but that's okay because I didn't bring my coupon......darn!!!! I must admit when I saw the holder for the movies was empty I was relieved. There's nothing like KNOWING you could've saved money if ONLY you had that coupon with you!!! I've got to find it and do better!!! The coupon expires on the 21st, so this afternoon my mission is to figure out what I did with that $10 coupon! If you haven't printed yours yet, visit http://www.disneymagicalsavings.com/ to print a $10 coupon off the purchase of the DVD/Blu Ray combo pack!!!




Anyway, I did get the other things I went for....and some others! In the end I paid only $5.55 out of pocket for $48.16 worth of products, including the Band-Aids I needed to do the rebate with the purchase of the Princess and the Frog movie!






At Publix, I stocked up on frozen foods like Fast Fixin's, which are bogo this week....and there's a printable coupon out there (or there was)....AND there are Publix coupons for these in the Healthy Kids coupon book that expires on 3/20....got some other frozen food and mostly BOGO items today. With those sales and my coupons, I spent $37.87 and saved over $91!



At Kroger, I had a less-than-stellar experience with the cashier....this is why I hardly ever go to that particular Kroger anymore....I think I'm writing a letter to Kroger corporate in the next day or so.....

but anyway, with the Buy 8, save $4 sale, I spent $14.07 for $58.80 worth of groceries. I DID have to pay close attention to the coupon discounts, though. She was definitely not helpful!


The biggest deal I got at Kroger was on Kraft block and bagged cheeses, normally $3.29/each. Right now they're .99/ea when you participate in the Buy 8, save $4 sale. At the store I visited today, there were coupons RIGHT there for $1.00/2. That made them only .49 cents each! I bought 8 of them and it cost me only $4.00!! That's only .71 cents more than 1 would cost at regular price! This is why we buy like we do and stock up when we can! It's the best way to save the most!!!


Alrighty...headed for lunch. The little kids are asleep and it's about an hour until the older kids get off the bus!

Keep Saving Centsably!



Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment